Newcastle Bridge Club holds eight sessions of duplicate bridge each week – both daytime and evenings – and all players are welcome. On Monday Afternoons, Tuesdays, Thursdays (less than 150 Mps) and Fridays a standby player will be in attendance so anyone without a partner can simply walk in and get a game. The venue is close to Broadmeadow railway station and is also serviced by bus routes. There is disability access and off street parking is available. Tea, coffee and biscuits are included in the table fees which are $6 for members and $7 for non-members. The Club will help arrange a partner if required.
The next course of bridge lessons for beginners will commence the week beginning 16th July 2018. Lessons will be held on Monday morning 9:30 am – 11:30 am and Wednesday night 7 pm – 9 pm.
For more information contact Wayne Morgan – Mobile 0488 298 599 or Home 02 4962 1816
For Volunteer Drivers click Volunteer Drivers For Hunter Interclub Details click here Sponsor Information
To see details of the program changes please click 2018 Program Changes
We are having a lunch to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Club. The details are:
When: Sunday 19th August commencing at 12.45 pm
Where: United Sports Club (aka. Adamstown Rosebuds Club), Bryant Street Adamstown (opposite Adamstown Rosebuds Soccer field). There is ramp access at the rear of the club from Morgan Street.
- Greeting (Jeff Biddlecombe)
- Short history (Roy Hardy)
- Pre-lunch “Nibblies” on each table, with serving of lunch commencing at 1pm
- Trivia Competition throughout lunch (3 sections: 1. How well do you know your Club and / or members 2. Bridge Hands 3. Entertainment / Sport)
- Anecdotes and stories (Ian Walker)
- Dessert (approx 1.30pm): Apple Pie and Custard / Pavlova to be served alternately – swapping OK
- Trivia answers and scoring: Winning table gets a $40 voucher per person
Nibblies, main meal and dessert will be funded by Newcastle Bridge Club; pay for your own drinks (tea and coffee will be available on side tables)
Action Needed: Get your menu choices in by the end of July (menu forms are available at the Club)
Judging from the happy smiles, a good time was had by all at our 2018 Congress in June!